New to the forum, 2 Tilley X246B's fettled

Ich bin neu hier...
Mr. Lantern

New to the forum, 2 Tilley X246B's fettled

Beitragvon Mr. Lantern » Mo 12. Mär 2018, 19:51

First of all, if this post is in the wrong section of the forum, my apologies for my error and please moderators move it to the correct area, thank you.

Here are two Tilley X246B Stormlight lanterns that were purchased (from the same seller) and shipped to me here in Texas, U.S.A. all the way from England.

One is new, never used condition and the other was in used condition. I washed and cleaned both when they arrived. What I did was gave both a complete tear down and replaced the original Burns, Vapourizers and Cock Controls on both, and replaced them with all brass parts. I kept, cleaned and restored the original Burners, Vaporizers and Control Cocks and packaged them away for possibly later usage.

I also sent off for new seals, leather pump cups, springs, etc. from Tilley International as well as from the Fettle Box too.

Here are a few pictures of what was done to them. I will post and second post with pictures of them both lit up.
Dateianhänge
IMG_2941.jpg
IMG_2942.jpg
IMG_3006.jpg
IMG_2996.jpg
IMG_2938.jpg
Zuletzt geändert von Mr. Lantern am Di 13. Mär 2018, 16:01, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Mr. Lantern

Re: New to the forum, 2 Tilley X246B's fettled

Beitragvon Mr. Lantern » Mo 12. Mär 2018, 19:53

Here they are in the pre-heat stage and lit up. Also a few more pictures from previously.
Dateianhänge
IMG_3020.jpg
IMG_3022.jpg
IMG_3025.jpg
IMG_3005.jpg
IMG_2993.jpg

bp4willi

Beitragvon bp4willi » Mo 12. Mär 2018, 23:31

Nice QTs

Now i learned ,
I Need to turn the insect shield upside down,
To ne able to light the Tilley
Thanks
Willi
Demut tät' uns allen gut.

Mr. Lantern

Beitragvon Mr. Lantern » Di 13. Mär 2018, 16:05

Nice QTs

Now i learned ,
I Need to turn the insect shield upside down,
To ne able to light the Tilley
Thanks
Willi

Yes, I know what you mean by this. At first, I also was not completely sure exactly how the insect shield went installed.

But after reviewing pictures of different Tilleys, etc. I became aware that the insect shield should be placed on what looks like an inverted position.

Though, after thinking about it, it appears as though it really wouldn't matter exactly what the position the insect shield should sit. Because it appears as though there still would be enough space to insert the pre-heating torch, regardless on which position the insect shield is positioned.

Just my opinion.

phpbb 3.1 style

Zurück zu „Vorstellungen“